Applying to Oak Ridge Military Academy
Oak Ridge Military Academy seeks to enroll students who will benefit from a college preparatory education in a structured environment. The enrollment decision is based on academic potential as indicated by standardized testing, academic transcripts, evaluation of character references and recommendations, personal abilities, attitudes and talents.
Admission to Oak Ridge Military Academy comes after a formal review process by the Admissions Committee. A visit to the campus for a personal interview is strongly suggested, although it is not required. If a family is unable to come for an interview, the student must complete the Admissions questionnaire.
In order for a student to be considered for an enrollment decision, parents or guardians must provide the following items:
- Completed Application for Admission.
- Copies of all transcripts to date – including grade reports, health and immunization records, standardized test results, if available, and any supporting documentation (such as an Individualized Education Program.)
- Two confidential recommendations from a school official, principal, guidance counselor or other non-family member.
- Completed psychological evaluation (applicable to prospective students with a diagnosed learning difference or disability such as ODD, OCD, etc.)
- Completed Admissions Questionnaire in lieu of an interview.
- $200.00 application fee (non-refundable) with the completed application.
When you have gathered all of the items listed above, please mail to the following address:
Oak Ridge Military Academy
P.O. Box 498
Oak Ridge, NC 27310
Required Documents Upon Acceptance:
Once a student has been accepted, there are additional documents that must be completed by the family in order to finalize a student’s admission into Oak Ridge Military Academy. All required documents will be sent via email attached to your acceptance letter. Please complete and return these documents to the Admissions Department at your earliest convenience.
The enrollment process cannot be completed until all items have been returned.
In the case of international applicants, once the enrollment has been approved by the Admissions Committee, the Academy will issue an I-20, necessary to obtain an F1 Student Visa.
Admission Officers are available on weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for campus tours and interviews. We can provide information about local accommodations for out-of-town visitors. If you would like to schedule an interview, please call us at (336) 643-4131 or fax us at (336) 643-1797.