Procedures for Enrollment from the Advancement Office
Oak Ridge Military Academy seeks to enroll 7th to 12th grade students who have the greatest potential to successfully complete and benefit from a college preparatory education in a structured environment. The admissions process attempts to identify those students who are qualified, willing to attend Oak Ridge Military Academy, and meet our academic requirements and standards for enrollment. The enrollment decision is based on academic potential as indicated by standardized testing, academic transcripts, evaluation of character references and recommendations, personal abilities, attitudes, and talents. The Academy is unable to personalize, customize, or individualize academic curriculum or behavioral standards for young people with special needs.
Admission to Oak Ridge Military Academy comes after a formal review process by the Admissions Committee. A visit to the campus for a personal interview is strongly suggested, although it is not required. We do, however, require that each prospective student complete the Admissions Questionnaire.
In order for a student to be considered for an enrollment decision, parents or guardians must provide the following items:
- Completed Application for Admission.
$50 Non-Refundable application fee must be submitted with this completed form.
- Completed Admissions Questionnaire (by student). In addition, a personal interview is strongly suggested.
- Two confidential recommendations from an adult (other than a family member) who has knowledge of your child’s personality and behavior, for example: teacher, principal, guidance counselor, coach, pastor, etc.
- Copies of all school transcripts to date.
- Updated physical and immunizations record.
- Completed Additional Medical Form. Further review of your child’s medical records may be necessary to determine admissions eligibility. An additional fee will be charged if a second review is required. Please note, if your child has been identified as ODD, OCD, or Bipolar, you must also provide a psychological evaluation prior to acceptance.
- The enrollment decision cannot be made until all of these items have been received and all forms are complete.
- A $500.00 deposit (non-refundable) due upon acceptance.
In addition to the required admission documents listed above, international students must submit a financial certification to the Academy showing their parents’ ability to pay tuition. Once the application has been approved, the Academy will issue an I-20 form which is necessary to obtain an F1 Student Visa.
Admission Officers are available on weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for campus tours and interviews. The Admissions Department can provide information about local accommodations for out-of-town visitors. If you would like to schedule a tour, please call the Admissions Department at (336) 643-4131. You may also request more information about Oak Ridge Military Academy here.
Oak Ridge Military Academy admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic or other school administered programs.