Position: Admissions Representative
Reports to: Director of Admissions
Position Summary: Oak Ridge Military Academy is accepting applications for an Admissions Representative. This Admissions Representative would serve as a member of Oak Ridge Military Academy’s Advancement Team and would help develop and implement a strategic plan to identify, recruit, enroll, and re-enroll qualified Cadets for Oak Ridge Military Academy. Representing Oak Ridge Military Academy at events held on- and off-campus is a key role of this position. A strong candidate will also be able to participate in on-going marketing efforts to drive the overall efforts of the Academy. He/She will maintain frequent contact with students, parents, and community members, both locally and around the world.
Primary responsibilities include following established marketing and recruiting strategies and recruitment activities to achieve enrollment goals in a college-preparatory, military-style Academy. The applicant must be an energetic, goal-oriented person who can communicate effectively in person, on the phone, and in writing (both electronically and on paper.) This position also requires exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills. Applicant must also be comfortable meeting enrollment goals on a monthly and semester basis. Applicants must have strong computer literacy, particularly in working with information databases.
- A bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year institution of higher learning; Degree in business, marketing, sales, social science, or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years Admissions, Sales, and/or Marketing experience and knowledge of current trends and practices in the field
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively to leverage maximum return on investment, even with limited resources
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational and clerical skills, including computer application skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner with accuracy
- Military experience preferred but not required
- Being conversant in Chinese or Portuguese is also a plus, but not required
- Valid driver license with good driving record; must be insurable
- Create Strategic Plan for attracting students with the right academic qualifications, from target high schools, groups, and through cooperation with Alumni and Parents
- Set goals regarding inquiries, applications, campus visitors, accepted students and enrolled students
- Meet with students and families for campus tours to explain application process, scholarship opportunities, and answers all questions
- Source opportunities for Open Houses/Receptions within ORMA’s strategic plan and budget
- Travel occasionally throughout the year to promote to promote Oak Ridge and to meet with prospective students and their families
- Manage evaluation of all completed files; makes initial admit/deny/waitlist decisions for prospective students in cooperation with other ORMA staff
- Handle assigned duties during Advancement Events during the year: Open Houses, Alumni Events, Parades, In-Processing, etc.
- Contribute to Advancement Team efforts by assisting other members as needed
- Maintain positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating effectively with students, students’ parents, Alumni, faculty, co-workers and managers
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, send your Resume and Letter of Interest via email to Sarah Harbuck at HR@ormila.com. For additional information, call 336-643-4131.
Position: Maintenance/Custodial/Grounds Team Member
Reports to: Director of Operations
Position Summary: Part-time position providing general maintenance and upkeep on our beautiful campus. This position includes, but is not limited to, general repairs, painting, mowing, cleaning indoors and out, event setup and tear down, and preventative maintenance. You must be trustworthy, dependable, and able to change job roles/duties on a daily or moment’s notice. Because this is a preparatory boarding school, qualified candidates must be of the utmost character and should always have the safety of Cadets, Visitors, and Staff in mind.
This is a part-time position of approximately 25 hours per week with some seasonal opportunities for increased hours. A typical week would include 3-4 days during the week and Saturday. Must be flexible from week to week and on-call 24 hours every 3rd week.
Salary ranges from $11.00 – $14.00/hour.
- Basic maintenance skills required
- Painting skills required
- Basic construction, including sheetrock work, preferred
- General grounds work including mowing, weed eating, and blowing off grounds
- Assist with the function of special events on campus as needed.
- Custodial work along with collecting garbage from receptacles.
- Ensure supplies are properly stocked all equipment is properly maintained.
- Follow all health and safety procedures associated with any given task. If in doubt about those procedures, this team member should ask for guidance
- Serve Cadets, Staff and Visitors as needed with special emphasis on the safety of those on and around the Academy’s campus
- Minimize waste, ensure excess items are utilized efficiently, and maintain controls to maximize Academy resources.
- Help maintain a positive work environment with grounds/maintenance staff.
- Provide outstanding customer service – anticipate Cadet and ORMA Staff needs, respond promptly, and create a positive atmosphere for Cadets and staff, even when busy.
Qualifications of Job:
- High school graduate or GED equivalent; Minimum 21 years of age
- Ability to move items weighing up to 75 pounds when necessary
- Ability to problem solve and work without direct supervision
- Knowledge of safety standards and procedures for grounds, custodial, and maintenance task
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills in English
- Basic math skills
- Ability to think clearly and to analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues
- Candidate must successfully pass any required background checks and drug screens
Additional preference may be shown toward an individual willing and capable of adding value to the Oak Ridge community through participating in non-financial aspects of Oak Ridge Military Academy’s mission including, but not limited to, ORMA’s education, military, religious, and sports programs.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, express your interest via email to Sarah Harbuck at HR@ormila.com. A Resume and Cover Letter would be preferred but is not necessary. For additional information, call 336-643-4131.
Position: Dorm Parent
Reports to: Commandant of Cadets
Position Summary: Oak Ridge Military Academy is accepting applications for three Dorm Parents who will be responsible for teaching, supervising, and counseling ORMA Cadets in and around their dorm setting. The Dorm Parent is the principle point of contact for Cadets and residential staff regarding Cadet life inside the dorm. Dorm Parents will also often interact with parents regarding Cadet residential life. Dorm Parents work with TAC Officers and Corp Cadet Leaders to ensure standards of residential life are upheld and, if necessary, enforced. The ability to effectively guide and counsel male or female Cadets in grades 7 through 12 is a must. Prior honorable military experience is NOT required but is preferred; prior experience at a private boarding school is preferred. Candidates must be willing to work a flexible schedule with the majority of work taking place on week night evenings with some short stints in the mornings and on weekends. Dorm Parents must be available to work nights and/or weekends.
These positions require residence on campus and, therefore, include room and board during the school year at no cost to the Dorm Parents. (Room includes all utilities excluding cable and board is provided in the Cafeteria when Cadets are in session
This position is a part-time, hourly position for up to 40 weeks of the year. However, this position may be combined with one of our TAC Officer openings under the right circumstances. There are also opportunities to work during summer programs.
Position: Security Officer
Reports to: Commandant of Cadets
Position Summary: Oak Ridge Military Academy is accepting applications for a Part-time Security Officer to help monitor the Academy’s campus overnight. A good candidate should be able to effectively interact with male and female Cadets in grades 7 through 12, including directing and correcting as needed. Prior honorable military experience is required; prior experience at a private boarding school is preferred but not required. Candidates must be willing to work a flexible schedule and be available to work nights and/or weekends.
This position is a part-time, hourly position for 42 weeks of the year. However, this position may be combined with one of our Dorm Parent or TAC Officer openings under the right circumstances. Currently there are three part-time dorm parent positions and one TAC Officer position open (two male dorm parent positions and one female position).
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, send your Resume and Letter of Interest via email to HR@ormila.com. For additional information, call 336-643-4131.